Looking for a little piece of paradise? Make your way to Tonsai Beach and Railay Bay in Thailand! Accessible only by long-tail boat, you can find relaxation and adrenaline, the perfect stop-off on your solo backpacking adventure.
Let’s explore Tonasi Beach and Railay Beach…
How to reach Tonsai Beach and Railay Beach
- From Krabi airport, take a taxi or bus to Ao Nang Beach taking approximately 45 minutes.
- From the pier at Ao Nang Beach, take a long-tail boat ride to either Tonsai Beach or to Railay Bay West.
How to move between Tonsai Beach and Railay Bay
- Take one of the long-tail boats that depart from Ao Nang and Noppharat Thara beaches only on their way to Railay
- Wait for low tide to cross the small piece of land that divides them
- The jungle path up behind the small town in Tonsai at high tide
> RELATED ARTICLE: AMAZING THINGS TO DO IN KRABI TOWN
Railay Beach v Tonsai Beach – which is best?
Even though both beaches are part of the Railay Penninsula, you will find a different vibe between Tonsai and Railay Beaches. So which one is for you?
If you are looking for that chilled, relaxed vibe with sunbathing, beers, and massages then Railay is the ideal spot for you. There is more choice in accommodation, restaurants, and bars too. After a long day on the beach enjoying the sun or exploring Phra Nang Cave, you can retreat to a local bar or hotel for Muay Thai flights and local cuisine.
Tonsai on the other hand is a little more rugged and perfect for outdoor enthusiasts who love to scuba dive, kayak, and glide on a long tail boat. Tonsai is one of the most famous rock climbing spots in Thailand, and you can take a tour or a course with Base Camp and The Rock Shop, or simply rent the gear if you are a professional!
HOW TO PLAN THE BEST RAILAY & TONSAI TRIP
Disclaimer: Our article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of these links, we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. It helps us to keep bringing you awesome content, trips, and partnerships!