Stołowe Mountains is dubbed the Table Mountains and is full of unusually shaped rocks that have a similar appearance to mushrooms.
The 42km range is part of the Sudetes near Kudowa-Zdrój (Kudowa) at the Polish-Czech border. The Polish part of the range is protected as the Gory Stołowe National Park (Table Mountains National Park).
Let’s explore the Mushroom Rocks in Stołowe Mountains…
Things to do in Stołowe Mountain National Park
The unique landscape of the 70 million-year-old ancient range embedded with spruce woodland makes this one big adventure for all! Whether you are a wildlife fanatic, keen photographer, or activity seeker, Table Mountains National Park is a perfect day out.
Discover the hiking trails of different levels around Stołowe National Park. Trek up Szczeliniec Wielki (919m), the highest peak which represents the Crown of the Polish Mountains, or takes a wander around the Vanishing Meadow (Niknąca Łąka).
Find the mushroom rocks in Stołowe Mountains
One of the main attractions of visiting Stołowe Mountains National Park is the renowned sandstone rock formations of Skalne Grzyby (Mushroom Rocks). The Góry Stołowe range has eroded into table-like shapes and also includes Kwoka (Hen), Wielblad (Camel) and Glowa wielkoluda (Giant’s head).
There is a small fee to enter and plenty of cafes to enjoy a treat after a day of hiking. Follow the red trail to find the top-heavy looking rock formations scattered around the park.
> RELATED ARTICLE: FIND THE BEST ACTIVITIES IN ZAKOPANE | TATRA MOUNTAINS
How to get to Szczeliniec Wielki
Wroclaw to Szczeliniec Wielki
- BY CAR – A journey of 122km will take approximately 2 hours
- BY TRAIN – Trains leave hourly from Wroclaw. The journey takes 1.5 hours to Klodzko, then take a taxi for 50 minutes.
- BY BUS – Journey takes 2 hours 12 minutes from Wroclaw to Duszniki-Zdrój leaving twice daily, then take a taxi for 25 minutes.
Prague to Szczeliniec Wielki
- BY CAR – A journey of 112km will take approximately 2 hours 20 minutes
- BY TRAIN – Train leaves every 30 minutes from Prague Hlavni. The journey takes 2 hours 50 minutes to Starkoc (change at Pardubice), then jump in a taxi for 40 minutes.
- BY BUS – Journey takes 2 hours 56 minutes from Prague ÚAN Florenc to Kudowa-Zdrój leaving twice daily, then take a taxi for 25 minutes.
PLAN YOUR PERFECT TRIP TO STOŁOWE MOUNTAINS
Plan ahead for your trip to Stołowe Mountains
- Find the best hotel deals in Wrocław or Prague
- Get your airport transfer in Wrocław or Prague
- Find the best train ticket deals with Rail Europe
- Download WeSolo Travel App to plan trips with like-minded travellers
Book a tour of Stołowe Mountains
Disclaimer: Our article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of these links, we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. It helps us to keep bringing you awesome content, trips, and partnerships!